Figure 1. The main polarization states of activated macrophages. (Atri, 2018)
Macrophage Polarization Assay
ProMab Biotechnologies offers custom assays to induce different macrophage subsets and characterize their polarization states.
ProMab Biotechnologies Custom Macrophage Polarization Assays
Macrophages exert multiple functions including modulating the adaptive immune responses and responding to pathogens. Macrophages show specific functions and phenotypes in response to different stimuli. They can display polarized states via their plasticity and different populations of macrophages can be developed in response to different stimuli.
The macrophage polarization has been classified as being either M1 (pro-inflammatory) or M2 (anti-inflammatory) state, which is further divided into M2a, M2b, M2c and M2d subsets.
Contact us today for a proposal to support all of your Macrophage Polarization needs.
- Iqbal, S. and Kumar, A. (2015). Characterization of In vitroGenerated Human Polarized Macrophages. J Clin Cell Immunol. 6:6.
- Atri, C.;et al. (2018). Role of Human Macrophage Polarization in Inflammation during Infectious Diseases. International Journal of Molecular Sciences. 19(6), p.1801.
Other Components of ProMab's Cell Based Assay Platform:
- Flow Cytometry
- T cell Specificity Assay
- T cell Activation & Proliferation Assay
- Responsive T Cell Trafficking Assay
- DC Migration Assay
- Macrophage Polarization Assay
- Cell Line Engineering