License ProMab’s CAR Technology
Drive development of novel chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) cell therapies by licensing ProMab’s patented CAR technologies and proprietary antibodies. Designed to improve the efficacy, safety, and ease of development of your CAR cell therapy, our technology is already seeing success preclinically and in clinical development.
- First CAR-T CRO in the world
- 30+ types of CAR-T and CAR-NK cells already developed
- 20+ patents cover our CAR innovations
- Our CAR cell therapy platform is already in Phase 2 clinical trials
Simplify Development By Licensing ProMab’s CAR Cell Therapy Platform
With the ability to support discovery and development activities—including GMP manufacturing and clinical trial facilities—ProMab can support a range of licensing and partnering models that span discovery, preclinical development, and clinical development.
Our cell therapy platform includes:
• The ability to generate both mouse and fully human single-chain variable fragment (scFv) for CAR constructs
• 3,000+ hybridoma cell lines
• 10^11 human phage display Fabs
• 5,000+ mouse monoclonal antibodies
• 30+ types of CAR-T and CAR-NK cells targeting different tumor cells and cell lines expressing tumor-specific antigens—covered by 13 patents
• The ability to use immunological modulators, tumor microenviroment (TME) invaders, and checkpoint inhibitors
• Our sensitive real-time cytotoxicity assays (RTCA) for CAR-T cell validation in vitro and ex vivo
• Our in vivo NSG/ NOG xenograft models that can be used to validate the efficacy of CAR-T and CAR-NK cells against solid and hematological cancers
Figure 1. ProMab’s CAR cell engineering platform spans the entire CAR cell process.
See ProMab’s Unique Advantages
Figure 2. Our patented CAR innovations are designed to improve safety and efficacy while simplifying development.
Our CAR cell therapy platform includes a number of advances in CAR design covered by 20+ patents, and can be implemented in a range of immune cells including T cells and NK cells (Figure 2).
The advantages include:
• Bispecific scFv’s to enable complex antigen recognition.
ProMab scientists have developed a number of different bi-specific CAR-T cells, including CD19-CD22, to more specifically target tumor antigens and compensate for the loss of a single tumor antigen.
• scFv-enzyme complexes to modulate the TME.
Learn more about this work which is being conducted with Helix Biopharma.
• Novel or mutant co-stimulatory domain to modulate CAR cell activity.
ProMab scientists developed a mutant CD28 domain that decreased cytokine secretion. Additional novel domains, such as GITR, can be used for CAR-T development with the following domains available for research use: EGFR-CAR-T, Mesothelin-CART and Cd19-CAR-T with GITR domain (Learn more in the paper: GITR domain inside CAR co-stimulates activity of CAR-T cells against cancer, Frontiers in Bioscience, June 1, 2018; PMID: 29772559)
• CAR construct in combination with additional genetic material to block checkpoint inhibitors.
CAR-T with knock-down cytokines (IL-6) or check-point inhibitors such as PD-1 are available for development. In addition, combination with self-delivered (SD) RNA (RXi company) can be used with CAR-T cells.
• Inducible caspase-9 as a suicide switch for enhanced safety.
We can use different safety switches to regulate CAR-T cells including truncated EGFR, RQR8 with CD34, Rituximab epitopes, and inducible caspase-9.
• Extracellular Beam™ tag to simplify purification and enable in vivo monitoring.
CAR-tags such as CD19-Beams 1 can be used to image CAR-T cells in vivo (learn more in the paper: FLAG-tagged CD19-specific CAR-T cells eliminate CD19-bearing solid tumor cells in vitro and in vivo. Frontiers in Bioscience, 2017; PMID: 28410137)
Push the boundaries
Advance your cell therapy development program by licensing the unique and innovative CAR technologies from ProMab. Together we can change the way the world treats cancer.
years in antibody engineering
CAR-T cell design projects completed in vivo
in vitro projects in CAR-T cell engineering
CAR-T and CAR-NK cells generated
See a few of our collaborators
Custom Antibody Generation
Advance your antibody R&D with our well-established services designed by specialists with over 2 decades of experience generating highly specific and potent monoclonal antibodies.
Obtain the protein or peptide of interest for your functional assays, target validation, or antibody development, guided by ProMab’s 22+ years of experience in protein expression and purification services.
Cell Line Engineering
Whether you need ‘ready-made’ or custom cell line development services, our experienced team is here to aid you in CAR-T, CAR-NK, CAR-Macrophage, engineered cell lines, and in vitro validation.