ProMab has been dedicated to developing SARS-CoV-2 / COVID-19 Research Products which includes proteins, antibodies, and diagnostic research reagents.
SARS-CoV-2 (also known as 2019-nCoV and causes the COVID-19 disease), is a worldwide pandemic that emerged in December 2019 and is now reaching over 400,000 confirmed cases all over the globe. Belonging to the Betacoronavirus Genus, SARS-CoV-2 encodes the spike protein, envelope protein, membrane protein, and nucleocapsid protein in its viral structure. ProMab has developed a line of SARS-CoV-2 Research Products and related reagents.
The spike protein (S protein) contains two subunits, S1 and S2. S1 subunit contains a receptor binding domain (RBD), and the S2 subunit mediates membrane fusion. The spike protein is commonly used in research for vaccine and antibody development. SARS-CoV-2 uses the SARS-CoV receptor ACE2 for host cell entry (referenced here) which is another point of interest for COVID-19 R&D.
The Nucleocapsid protein (N protein) is a highly immunogenic phosphoprotein, commonly used as a marker in diagnostic asasys. Being the most abundant protein in the coronavirus, the N protein is often used for further viral research.
To assist in SARS-CoV-2 and COVID-19 research and development, some of these research products are ready to order or can be custom made, including but not limited to:
- Nucleocapsid protein (N protein)
- Spike protein (S protein)
- Spike protein subunits (S1 and S2)
- RBD domain of the S protein
- RBD domain antibodies
- ACE2 receptor protein
- Stable cell line development
- Different affinity tags (biotinylation, GFP, Fc tags, fusion tags for solubility, etc)
In addition to these ready to use proteins, we offer custom development such as producing stable cell lines and lentivirus. Our line of SARS-CoV-2 Research Products include our quantitative detection kits, with ProMab currently offering a SARS-CoV-2 N protein IgG ELISA Kit for research use only.
ProMab's Advantage In SARS-CoV-2 Research
Our extensive antibody development platform gives us a huge advantage over our competitors. We can develop and produce many research reagents for SARS-CoV-2.
|Catalog #||Product Name||Expression System||Tag||Data Sheet|
|Pr40001||Nucleocapsid protein fragment (NP-1)-His||Bacterial||His||Pr40001|
|Pr40002||Nucleocapsid protein fragment (NP-2)-His||Bacterial||His||Pr40002|
|Pr40003||Nucleocapsid protein fragment (NP-3)-His||Bacterial||His||Pr40003|
|Pr40004||Spike protein 1 (S1) RBD-His||Bacterial||His||Pr40004|
|Pr40005||Spike protein 1 (S1) RBD-His||Mammalian||His||Pr40005|
|Pr40006||Nucleocapsid protein (full length)||Mammalian||His||Pr40006|
|Pr40007||ACE2-hFc (ECD without signal peptide)||Mammalian||hFc||Pr40007|
|Pr40008||ACE2-hFc (full ECD)||Mammalian||hFc||Pr40008|
|Catalog #||Product Name||Kit Type||Detection||Data Sheet|
|PMK-90001||SARS-CoV-2 IgG Detection Kit||Quantitative ELISA||IgG||PMK-90001|
|Catalog #||Product Name||Marker||Cell Number||Data Sheet|
|PM-HEK293-ACE2||ACE2 stable expression||ACE2+||1 x 10^6 cells/vial||PM-HEK293-ACE2|
- Kruse R. Therapeutic strategies in an outbreak scenario to treat the novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China. 2020. F1000Research, 9:72 Last updated: 31 JAN 2020
- Xintian Xu, Ping Chen, Jingfang Wang, Jiannan Feng, Hui Zhou, Xuan Li, Wu Zhong, & Pei Hao. Evolution of the novel coronavirus from the ongoing Wuhan outbreak and modeling of its spike protein for risk of human transmission. 2020. Sci China Life Sci 63, https://doi.org/10.1007/s11427-020-1637-5